Sunday, October 21, 2007

trip to KC

I had a week off from school this past week, so Sophie and I made a road trip down to KC to visit my family. Traveling for 8 hours with a 1 year old by yourself is a little tough, but we made it through. We've been pretty intentional about not letting Sophie watch tv, but I unashamedly admit that I was saved by a portable DVD player and a couple of movies! We had a busy time, so there are quite a few pictures. I had trouble picking and choosing, but here are some of the highlights...

watching a movie in the car...I just loved how her legs were crossed!

at a rest stop somewhere in northern Iowa

carrying her bucket of balls at the children's museum we went to
(doesn't she look old in this picture?!)


goofing around with aunt becca at the museum

at the cider mill where we always went as kids

cleaning out the pumpkin that aunt becca and brian picked out for her
don't be fooled...she didn't like the pumpkin guts very much

at the deanna rose farmstead (a free outdoor activity...very cool!)
sophie loved this bridge...we actually had to drag her away from it

who could pass this photo-op up?

sitting on an old-fashioned tractor at the farm

visiting my grandpa...the 4 generation picture with my grandpa, mom, me, and sophie

sophie LOVED kisses from my grandpa

family pic...we tried to get one with jenny (my grandpa's wife),
but sophie was done with pictures after this!

hanging out on my dad's tractor before we left

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures!! It looks like you guys had a great trip!! It's amazing how old she looks... she is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...so bummed about missing your trip here! It looks like you did all the things that we also love to do in KC : ) Were you at Wonderscope in the first pics? Don't worry about letting her watch the movies...it does save you on road trips. We just made the drive to and from Florida and you better believe we had the DVD player going! Hopefully we can connect at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete