Tuesday, December 11, 2007

saying goodbye

Death is hard. Over the past couple of days, we have grieved with Matt and his family. Many, many tears have been shed through the visitation, burial, and memorial service. If only we could help ease their pain... This time has been hard but it has also brought us closer as friends to one another as we lean on each other to grieve our loss of Carleton personally, but also I think we feel closer to Matt. He allowed us to be a part of this extremely difficult time with him. And for me personally, I had the honor of speaking at his father's funeral. Knowing that Matt (and his family) trusted and believed that I could say the right things to honor this incredible man that they lost meant more to me than they will probably ever know. And now as life continues to move on, we will all miss Carleton and we will continue to do whatever we can to be the friends we need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment