Thursday, April 26, 2012

impromptu bowling

I had to take our car in for an oil change, but turned into needing brakes and a few other things.  I couldn't figure out any other way to get home, so I was grateful that there were places nearby.  First, lunch at McDonald's, which I was planning to do to stay occupied during the oil change.  Once we realized we were stranded, the guy working mentioned the bowling alley across the street.  Jackson had been asking to go bowling for months now so I knew it would be a hit with the older 2.  We were approaching nap time which made me a little bit nervous, but everyone really did well. I was exhausted after bowling since I spent the whole time helping the other 2 and chasing Calla around.  We even had some time to play a few games in the arcade.  When we got back, they still weren't done so we hung outside where the kids decided they wanted to pick up trash.  It was a crazy afternoon, but I was so grateful that our kids are (usually) pretty flexible!





No comments:

Post a Comment