Wednesday, August 27, 2008

funny Sophie moments

Just had to share a couple of funny moments with Sophie these days...a glimpse into the life with this goofy toddler.

*  Sophie has resorted to calling us by our first names fairly regularly.  If we do not respond quickly enough, which has turned into seconds, she yells our name.  Probably something we should work on, but it's so funny and cute all we can do is laugh.  It's pretty cute hearing an almost 2 year old yelling "MIKE" when she wants her dad!

*  When Sophie was much younger and just learning how to stand and move around, we would have her "shake her booty" and she would dance for us.  We haven't said it in quite awhile, but yesterday I made the mistake of saying it to her again. She spent the next 5 minutes (at least) yelling "shake your booty" and dancing around.  I can picture her in the church nursery getting the other girls to shake their booties...

*  She has developed a "singing voice."  It's probably one of the cuter things ever and we have her sing over and over because we love hearing it.  She can almost sing all of "You Are My Sunshine" by herself.  I'm trying to capture it on video because it's definitely worth sharing.

We have our typical toddler moments (had to leave Target for the first time a couple of weeks ago), but overall we've been pretty lucky so far.  She makes us laugh daily and seems to be growing up overnight!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I can't wait to hear her sing... And yes, its pretty hilarious hearing her call mike, mike. Oh, I love her.

    ReplyDelete