Monday, June 8, 2009

it's back...


Many of you have listened to me as I have spent time trying to figure out what in the world is going on with Jackson. For those of you who don't know, he has been congested pretty much since birth.  It varies in severity, with some days hardly being a problem to this last weekend where he spent about an hour a night coughing/gagging/throwing up.  I knew something was wrong. I had been trying to hold out until his 6 month checkup (in 2 more weeks) but knew after this weekend that wasn't a possibility.  I also am solo parenting this week and was ready for any kind of answers and help that could help us get through the nights. Plus I'm just plain exhausted...not only from the lack of sleep but it's hard watching your child go through this and not being able to do anything.  So, tonight we were squeezed in for an appointment with our doctor.  Come to find out he actually has an ear infection (he showed absolutely NO signs so I'm soooo glad I trusted my gut and took him in!).  We also are pulling out the trusty nebulizer and giving it a whirl to see if it can clear up all this gunk that seems to be stuck in Jackson.  It definitely helped Sophie (even though that was a totally different situation) so I'm willing to give it a go.  Tonight was his first night with amoxycillin for his ear infection and a neb treatment. Who knows what will happen as I know it's only the first night, but one can only hope, right?  Overall he's still very happy and content until nighttime so I'm hoping he can get a full night of sleep (well, me too of course).  So here's to hoping that our old friend here can help our little guy...maybe he'll start to realize how he has been feeling is in fact, not normal (:

No comments:

Post a Comment