Tuesday, August 11, 2009

weekend in Thief River

This past weekend the kids and I rode up with Kari and Addy to Kari's parents' house. I would be lying if I didn't say I was a little bit nervous about a 5-6 hour drive with 3 kids under 3, but it actually went remarkably well! We only had to stop once each way (granted the stops were about 1.5 hours!) but we were pleasantly surprised! We had a lot of fun and the kids warmed up to new people quickly. Sophie was especially enamored with Kari's dad, "grandpa." She was calling them grandpa, grandma, and grandma great all weekend (Kari's grandma lives there too). It was adorable. I let Kari take all the pictures for the weekend with her sweet new camera! I love the moments that she captured!

looks like CPR, but actually is tickling Addy


my sweet boy

eating one of many homemade donuts

Sophie reading a book to everyone

watching Dora

he loves to make this face these days

LOVE it

Jackson wasn't feeling the best (a few teeth coming in) so he got some cuddle time with Kari's mom

licking the brownie batter spoon. and, yes, I let her eat batter...don't judge me (:

double duty reading

grandma great would take Sophie for rides on her walker...here she is telling Sophie something and I love how intently Sophie listening to her

1 comment:

  1. I let Jack eat batter too. It's one of the benefits of "helping" me bake. As unhealthy as it is, no childhood would be complete without a little batter.

    ReplyDelete