keeping track of our memories of this crazy busy life
Thursday, July 26, 2007
big girl toys
While my sister was watching Sophie she took her a couple of places where Sophie had the chance to play with big kids' toys. After seeing how much fun she had, we decided (ok I decided) she needed her own big girl toy, so she got an early birthday present. We got her a house thing that has a door that opens and shuts (one of her new favorite pasttimes). She loves it and actually keeps her entertained for longer than 2 minutes. She also in the past week or so has started walking behind her little push toy. She used to be scared of it, but now she cruises around the house...but only in a straight line so she hits a lot of walls and furniture, but at least she's walking around on her own with it!
we don't have central air so she had fun putting her hands and her face over the air vent at our friend Janna's house.
She has started pointing out everything to us and trying to tell us what it is. Mostly everything is "da" or some variation of that!
I can't believe how grown up Sophie is looking these days. I guess her first birthday is quickly approaching...wow! Are you guys still thinking of coming this direction in August? I'd love to hang out if you are.
I can't believe how grown up Sophie is looking these days. I guess her first birthday is quickly approaching...wow! Are you guys still thinking of coming this direction in August? I'd love to hang out if you are.
ReplyDelete