Friday, October 17, 2008

north carolina

Mike had to go to Asheville, NC this week for work so since I had the week off of work, Sophie and I tagged along. It was a great vacation for all of us (even though Mike had to work a couple of days!). Sophie was a fantastic traveler and we were relieved to know that we can still travel fairly easy with her even though she's entering full blown toddlerhood. The days that Mike worked Sophie and I did something fun in the morning and then came back and took LONG afternoon naps. One morning we went to a Wildlife Nature Center and the next morning we went to a children's museum. In the evenings we walked around downtown Asheville and went swimming in the pool at the hotel. On Thursday, Mike didn't have to work too much so we drove along the Blue Ridge Parkway through the mountains. Sophie loved all the tunnels and the "big mountains." We had a very early flight this morning (6:40 eastern time) so it's been a long day for all of us! We loved having time together as a family that had our undivided attention. On a sidenote, I was a little saddened to find out that the tray in the airplane seats could not fully come down in my lap as my belly has gotten a little big. Ok, a lot big, but hey, I am 30 weeks prego (: Anyway, here are some pictures from the trip:

2 comments:

  1. Did you go to the Biltmore Mansion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no we didn't. we wanted to but for the price it just wasn't worth it, especially with a 2 year old!

    ReplyDelete