Wednesday, May 20, 2009

verdoorn invasion of ft. wayne... (part 1)

There are sometimes where I find it nearly impossible to narrow down pictures, plus since I plan on turning this blog into a memory book I don't mind if I bore others with tons of pictures (:  (plus I snuck in a lot of my favorite pictures in my 5 month post about Jackson...clever, I know) Last weekend we took a long break and went to visit Troy (Mike's cousin), Katie, and their daughter, Taylor.  Our flight there was NOT fun.  We sat on the plane for an hour and a half before we took off because of the weather.  By the time we finally left, we should have been in Ft. Wayne.  The flight itself was not fun either as it was crazy bumpy. I've never really felt scared on a plane before, but I sure did on that flight.  I almost felt bad for Jackson as I was holding on to him so tight!  The kids were fantastic travelers, both ways.  We could not have been more proud of them.  We didn't even have to bring out the Dora videos at all either way!  

In Ft. Wayne, we enjoyed hanging out...playing outside with the kids, fire at night, nap times for everyone, having Kathy & Dennis come by and spend a day, fun at the park and at the zoo.  Sophie loved being with Taylor and still keeps asking to go to her house.  We are grateful that Troy and Katie let us invade their house as that is what it felt like with all 4 of us and all of our stuff!  Also thanks to Katie for a lot of great pictures!

Here are some pictures of hanging out around the house


blowing bubbles...she wanted to do this often


I love this picture...I feel like Taylor is saying "get me away from this kid"...I think it is before he tried to eat her

the "grown ups" had fun too

aunt Kathy finally got to meet Jackson

quite the set up for our little guy

she is so silly

"cheers"

had to get a picture of her watching Dora...totally a Verdoorn (:

one morning while Taylor napped, Sophie got to "paint" with pudding...

she ate most of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment