Tuesday, July 21, 2009

engagement weekend

After a couple weeks of planning with my sister's boyfriend, Brian, my baby sister is now engaged!  It was such a fun night (and weekend!).  She had absolutely NO idea.  He wasn't supposed to be able to come up for the weekend, but he flew in Friday morning and then we drove around Como Park (one of my sister's favorite places of all time) until we found a spot he wanted to pop the question.  We lured her there by telling her there was a special event at the zoo, and I decided at the "last minute" to stop by this waterfall to take some 7 month pictures of Jackson.  She fell for it all.  As we're walking up to this waterfall, Brian is walking down the hill towards us.  I watched Becca the whole time and it was so fun to watch her process the whole thing.  She even said to us "I think that guy looks like Brian." It was too great.  

this is the moment of realization that Brian was actually walking towards her (this is right after she quickly handed off Sophie to my mom!)

watching from a distance

the big moment! (and, yes, I did have Brian's permission to take pictures!)

one of the many, many adorable hugging pictures

the "I"m engaged" dance with Sophie

talking to my dad on the phone...this seriously was the only moment of sunshine the entire day. It didn't last long but it was pretty meaningful to Becca as she felt it was one of closest friends ever, Dan, who died suddenly a few years ago, shining down on her...quite a moment

showing off the new bling!

and, of course, some pictures by the lake

all the ladies that helped...janna, me, becca, and our mom

1 comment:

  1. Ah! We had some of our engagement photos taken by that waterfall -- what a beautiful (and appropriate!) place! :)

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete