Monday, April 13, 2009

easter weekend

We drove down to KC for Easter weekend.  Since I had Wed-Fri off we left Wednesday night and drove to Iowa to spend the night with Mike's grandma.  The next morning we made the rest of the drive to KC.  We had a busy weekend...seeing family, visiting friends, keeping the kids occupied, etc.  We were able to see my Grandpa & Jenny,visit Kylene and meet baby Charlie, spend some time at Becca's salon where we all got our hair done, and enjoy some time outside.  We of course had fun with Easter eggs and baskets, and Sophie LOVED being in her Easter dress. There are lots of pictures because I could not narrow them down very well.  On Sunday we made the drive back. It took us 8 1/2 hours with all the stops but overall I think we'd agree it was a pretty good first road trip with 2 kids.  Jackson was pretty much done being in the car the last hour or so, but it definitely wasn't miserable and he finally ended up falling asleep.  Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this post. I just LOVE that picture of Charlie and Jackson! It was so good to see you : )

    ReplyDelete