Monday, December 8, 2008

baby update

Today I had my last doctor's appointment before the big day.  This pregnancy has been kind of surreal as I feel like I've had half as many doctor's appointments as I did with Sophie.  Without having to go to the diabetes appointments and not having to go weekly ones here at the end, it doesn't really feel like it's almost over. Apparently when you have a planned c-section, you don't have to have the frequent checkups to see if the baby has turned or if you are dilating because it doesn't really matter.  So today was the last check up to make sure my blood pressure is ok (it is) and the baby's heartbeat is ok (it is too).  They did want to check to make sure it didn't look like I was going into labor any time soon (I'm not...unless something drastically changes between now and next Wednesday!).  This has been a very uneventful pregnancy, which believe me I'm extremely grateful for!  Now I'm just ready to not be pregnant as I have found #2 to be far more painful and uncomfortable than #1...maybe it's just because it's a boy?! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update (I love this stuff!). It is interesting to have pregnancies that are so different from each other. I'm glad this one has been less eventful for you...but it is a bummer that you are more uncomfortable. Only a few days left!

    ReplyDelete