On Wednesday, December 17th at 1:53pm Jackson Thomas Verdoorn joined our family. I had a repeat c-section and was able to make it through without having to be put under (long story from Sophie's delivery). We are still in the hospital as of Saturday night. I'm hoping to go home tomorrow but seemed to have developed an infection today (they think) so things are up in the air right now. Jackson is great. He's a big eater and sleeper (during the day of course). We've had him in the nursery a couple of nights so I could get some sleep as I've been reminded I need to recover from a surgery. I was kind of hoping this one might be a little bit easier recovery as I didn't have to go through labor but it's brought about it's own challenges. All in all though we are doing well...just a little tired! Sophie has been fantastic with him and loves to give him kisses and hold him. We haven't see any jealousy yet but it'll be interesting to see how things change when we go home. Anyway, just wanted to give a quick update and a few pictures as I've been asked about them a few times! I just haven't had a ton of energy to look through pictures or type! Thank you to all of you that have come by to see us and have called to check in on me on a regular basis (yes, those pesky hormones come into play...usually at night).
Rachel- those pictures are precious, especially the third one of both kids! You will treasure that forever. So glad that Jackson is here safely!! I will pray that you get some rest.
ReplyDeletethat picture of sophie and jackson is so so so sweet...love it! looking forward to seeing you next week sometime...
ReplyDelete~lindsey
Congratulations Rachel, Mike, and Sophie - Jackson is adorable! I've been getting some updates from MK, and I saw another picture of him with a maroon and gold UMN baby hat. :) So many blessings to celebrate this Christmas! We'll be praying for you guys as you transition to life as a family of four.
ReplyDeletethat last picture is incredible :) it was so sweet to see baby girl with her brother! <3 you rach!
ReplyDelete