Wednesday, January 28, 2009

6 weeks...

Today it has been 6 weeks since I had Jackson.  A lot has happened in those 6 weeks...


* jackson is smiling and rolling over and has just started making some fun sounds. he gets excited when he does it.
* sophie is still loving her brother and LOVES to take care of him.  she also is very much a 2 year old these days.  she is back to daycare two days a week which has been good for both of us!
* yesterday i was able to finally take a "normal" shower...meaning not having to cover my wound with plastic wrap.  it's been a long time!
* my wound is so close to be closed.  this week we've only had to cover it with gauze. my nurse comes tomorrow. i'm hoping for good news.
* mike is having a good season in all his broomball leagues (3!) and i'm glad he's able to continue playing.

We are now anxiously looking forward to a full night of sleep.  While we still haven't figured out how to get out of the door in a timely manner, it's starting to feel more normal.  It's been fun figuring this little guy out and how to be a family of 4.  I still find myself needing more patience than I normally have due to lack of sleep, but I'm working on it.  I try not to take my exhaustion out on Sophie!  

2 comments:

  1. Is he still rolling over? That is so amazing. Really unheard of at that age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad i have an amazing wife that lets me play 3 times a week. thanks wife.

    mike

    ReplyDelete