Saturday, January 31, 2009

(hopefully) last health update

Thursday was my last nurse visit.  My wound is small enough now that I can just keep an eye on it and just keep it cleaned.  Hopefully it will stop draining soon and then I will be done with keeping it covered.  I'm grateful to be done, but I have to admit I kind of got used to having someone checking on me...and an adult to talk to for a little bit during the day!

I took Jackson to the doctor yesterday. He seems to have caught my cold.  I wasn't too concerned about it, but we had such a bad winter with Sophie her first winter that we wanted to make sure nothing else is going on.  The thought of going through months of a nebulizer is not appealing to us whatsoever.  He seems to be feeling better but still is congested and has a cough.  It was fun to find out his stats too...we were curious how much weight he gained.  He weighed in at 12lbs 10oz (yes that's almost 4 pounds in 6 weeks) and was 23 3/4in (21 1/2 at birth).  So, we're not worried about him growing. Of course, we weren't too concerned as most people don't believe us when we say his only 6 weeks old because he's so big.  

No comments:

Post a Comment