Kiddos: Last night was a moment that you hope for when you bring a new baby home and you have no idea how the older child will react. Before bed, Sophie wanted to "snuggle" with Jackson on her bed. So they were laying there on her pillow and she had her arms around him snuggling. Out of the blue, she says "I love you Jackson". It's a good thing my hormones and emotions are mostly back to normal or I'm sure there would have been unstoppable tears (: I love how Sophie is being with Jackson. It's too cute. She still has her moments of being 2 but overall she's really just gone with the flow since Jackson has joined us. We of course hope they continue to get along as he gets older!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
updates
Me: I went to see the surgeon again today. My wound is healing nicely but still not healed yet. She thinks the nurses need to come for another week and then it should be able to finish healing on its own. It's good to hear that it's doing well as I have no way of really knowing since I can't see it (nor do I want to see it). It's hard to believe that this has been going on for over 3 weeks now. I'm starting to get used to having nurses at my house! The good news (mainly for Mike I think!) is that I don't have any more restrictions on lifting or carrying things so I can actually do some stuff now around the house and even leave the house with the kids on my own. Before I couldn't do anything on my own because I couldn't carry Jackson's car seat and I couldn't lift Sophie into her seat. I definitely don't feel as trapped anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment