Monday, March 23, 2009

weekend away

This weekend we went up to the cabin with Karna, MK, Matt, & Sarah. It was nice to get away, be with fun people, and (selfishly) have help with the kids.  Mike comes back tonight so we are very, very excited around here!  Sophie had fun having different people to play with.  A lot of time was spent with her painting people's nails.  She actually did a pretty good job too.  We are ready for daddy to be back though. She's been talking about him all morning and actually had a bit of a melt down because he couldn't get her dressed this morning. Oops.  While I'm so glad he got to go on this trip, I'm ready to have a partner in crime with our kids!  I have to admit I'm pretty exhausted as Sophie hasn't slept well the past few nights and Jackson hasn't slept well this whole time.  I'll let Mike get over his jet lag though before he gets to help out with the nights (: Of course, he may be up at 3 am anyway on his own!

one of the little gifts Mike left for me to give to Sophie throughout the week...a whoopee cushion. I think Uncle Matt may have had more fun with it though (:

playing on the merry-go-round with MK

sleepy time

playing on her new Dora couch/sleeper

she wanted brother to sit with her...aren't they cute (:

the beginning of nail painting...Karna had all 6 colors on each finger (: What a good sport!

Sophie wanted to paint her toe nails too

then it was MK's turn

talk about a good sport!  and look at this multi-tasking by uncle Matt!

a lot of basketball was watched this weekend...I think Uncle Matt liked that his niece...

and his nephew would watch it with him

had to document the first cabin bath...in the kitchen sink. as you can see Mr. "I love bathtime" was not thrilled the kitchen sink version

but then he got all cozied up!

1 comment: